Friday, July 16, 2010

Reflections (WARNING- Sappiness ahead!)

Realizing I had a lot less laundry to do than I thought this afternoon, I busied myself with flipping through old pictures on my computer. I realized how fast this last year has gone, and the further I got back into my pictures, how fast the last two years... three years.... four years.... four and a half years.... (and that's as far as the pictures on my computer go back;)) And I realize that soon, our time in the NICU will be a distant memory. Time goes so fast and trials (which may make days seem like years while you're going through them) really don't last that long.

I was looking back at high school pictures full of friends that I have lost touch with, BYU pictures full of carefree craziness, cancer pictures (yes there are some that I keep to myself), pictures from my U of I institute days, Italy pictures full of new experiences and amazing friendships, pictures of me falling in love with my wonderful husband and marrying him, pictures of our amazingly crazy and fun newlywed adventures, and now pictures of the two little ones that I never imagined I could love so much.

I am feeling incredibly grateful for everything that has happened in my life. I look back in awe at everything I have been through, all of the decisions I thought were impossible to make, all of the happinesses (yes, I've decided it is a word) and all of the days I thought I'd never make it through.

I am also feeling incredibly grateful for everything that is on its way. Before we know it, these beautiful little ones will be running around, and the NICU will be a distant memory that we remember with the help of these wonderful pictures that we flip through, and the journals and blogs that we keep.




Everyone says that as soon as you have kids the years tend to just fly by. I know that they will. I look forward to all of the new adventures that life is going to throw my way, and I am so grateful for the wonderful little family I have to tackle the new adventures with!:D

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not Sappy, just very sweet. I love to reflect on our days in Italy together they are such a happy and adventurous for me memory for me!

Shannon said...

i can't wait to spank those cute little butts! You are so amazing jackie and i love reading inspiring blogs. thanks for the beautiful post!

Love you guys like crazy!!!

Cassy said...

Your babies are beautiful! It'll be so much fun to watch them grow!!