Thursday, December 11, 2008

Newlywed BYU-I Student is a Survivor

Jacklyn Schwartz, 20, survived cleaning four months of leftovers out of her fridge this afternoon. This has been found to be the cause of death for many young newlyweds in Rexburg, Idaho. Schwartz said she was "happy to be alive" after the cleaning.

"I have not seen that much moldy taco meat in my life, and I hope to never see it again," she said after finishing. She and her husband have not been eating their leftovers. Schwartz forgets to re-prepare them for meals like both of their mothers.

She decided to take on the fridge before they left for the Holidays. Schwartz dumped out 9 containers of various sizes into the trash. The leftovers ranged from taco meat to roast beef, all of which had some mold.

She was close to failing after dumping everything in the garbage can. Her husband, Justin Schwartz, 23, saved her by offering to take out the garbage. "I did it because I love her, and I could see she was an interesting shade of green."

She finished by washing out the containers. She really considers herself a survivor because of their broken dishwasher. It is not spraying water. She washed all of the dishes by hand.

When the dishes were finished, no trips to the hospital needed to be made. She came out of the situation unscathed and excited about the prospect of going home for the Holidays.




Yeah, I'm a Journalism student..... and coming up with this post (and my cute husband) was the only thing that got me through washing all of those nasty dishes by hand! Thanks for indulging me!

7 comments:

Idaho Penningtons said...

hehehehehe really clever!! You must come from a very intelligent gene pool! ( for the post) You defineatly didn't get the cleaning gene!!!

Jade said...

Who are you taking media writing from? My dad teaches there. Steer clear from his section ... he's mean. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the joy's of cleaning out the fridge! I have learned but sometimes forget that it is best to go through the fridge once a week to avoid the green and white mold!

Unknown said...

Far and away the most dramatic kitchen cleaning experience I have ever read. I will wait for the bathroom cleaning sequel. Love Dad

Diana and Derek said...

You are truly a young married couple. Welcome to the world of cooking for a family. You can be assured of many more adventures in domestic and culinary realms. Love the picture of your hubby in the robe.

Waston Hotel said...

Hi Jackie, we got your package yesterday. We think its a picture!!! Thank you for thinking of us. We love you. Merry Christmas!!! L0ve PaPa Joe and Grandma

Dorese @ Dorese's Pieces said...

Oh my heck, if I had a dollar for every moldy food item I have had to throw out... What's really bad is when they're so nasty you just throw away the whole container, lid and all, because you're afraid there's no way the mold is completely coming out of that plastic! :) It's sad when we realize it's not as easy as our mothers make it seem though, huh?