Friday, August 6, 2010

Growing....

Well, the little peanuts are growing like crazy.  They are both about 2 1/2 lbs. and eating 8 ml/hour which is about 0.3 oz or 1.5 teaspoons through a tube that goes through their little noses.  I know it doesn't seem like much, but they had to work up to it.  That amount definitely fills up their little tummies... and their little diapers.  They had to move to bigger diapers yesterday from micro-preemie size to normal preemie size.  The preemie size is still very big on them, but they were filling up the micro-preemie size.  (I've never been so excited about full diapers in my life..... I am definitely a mom;))

Beautiful little Addison is doing so well on her breathing.  The way that it works is they push a certain percentage of oxygen at a certain speed up their noses.  She has worked her way down from a 6 liter flow (the speed of the push) at 90% oxygen to a 0.5 liter flow with 25% oxygen.  (Room air is about 21% oxygen.)
She always has her little pinkies up.  It is so cute and dainty, I love it.

After Weston came off the ventilator, he did better on his breathing than he ever did before the pneumonia.  He is down to 2 liters on his flow and 30% oxygen.  While these numbers to fluctuate sometimes, their tiny little lungs are doing so much better than expected.
I love this little guy.  He is so fun to snuggle and he has the cutest little expressions. (His feeding tube is still in his mouth in this picture)

One of the cutest things about them doing so well is they get to wear clothes when they don't have any IVs.  They still have a few cords that need to be attached to them to track their heart rate, oxygen levels and breathing levels, but those ones are easy to move to put on clothes.  Imagine the smallest preemie clothes you've ever seen, shrink them in the wash and they are still a little bit big for my cuties.  But I love being able to get them dressed!:)
A little big, but so darling!
Justin is still trying to tell me her hair isn't curly.  I think this picture shows otherwise:)

4 comments:

Dorese @ Dorese's Pieces said...

I absolutely adore your updates! What troopers those sweet babies of yours are, Jackie. Congrats on all the successes!

Kristi said...

Such beautiful babies! It's amazing how fast they grow!

Anonymous said...

I would say Addison has curly hair;) I am so very pleased that they are both doing so well and love their cute tiny cloths.

Cassy said...

They are just gorgeous!